Thursday, October 1, 2009

Concept

Back tracking to the beginning of this project, I wanted to document the process of Concept and the value of workshop/spit ball sessions. I had not had the opportunity to bounce ideas off of a group of creative brains. Unsure of my own ideas, I was hesitant to throw the inner workings of my mind out into the open for review and perhaps criticism.


The task is to develop a bumper for the school to be played after demo reels, etc. for promotional purposes. First task, come up with 3 ideas to bring to workshop session with 5 of my classmates and instructor to explore and perhaps further develop. Thinking we had about 4 seconds to convey a message, I worked on ideas for quick animation. First idea was a paint splatter and reveal perhaps animating a screen print of the logo, or dripping paint to reveal logo. As I was swimming I watched bubbles drifting to the surface and thought of underwater possibilities with bubbles. The swoosh in the logo could possible come to life and lasso a rowdy batch of "word cattle" (word groups of each degree program.) Could possible use the swoosh as a lightning bolt. Lots of possibilities.

As we were going through the ideas, other came to mind and while we were discussing underwater possibilities of squid inking or other creatures creating the school logo, I thought what if the school birthed something... Which led me to my concept "Art School Factories". The amount of time was increased to 15 seconds which allows for more animation and exploration.

No comments:

Post a Comment